Wedding planning can be a stressful time. There seems like so much to do and not enough time to do it all! From attending bridal shows, to creating a budget, to selecting a bridal party, a location, a caterer, choosing colors, selecting a dress…the list goes on and on. BUT, this season doesn’t have to be overwhelming. If you’re prepped with the right resources, this season can actually be full of joy and love. Because this should be a special, memorable time that’s as stress-free as possible.
Our Best Wedding Planning Tips & Tricks
- Start early! Once you’ve celebrated your engagement, it’s time to get planning. The more time you give yourself – the easier planning will be. BUT don’t stress. If you don’t have a ton of time before the wedding date – you can still get it all done. Just break it down into bite-sized chunks.
- There are many online resources to help your wedding planning process. Sources like The Knot and Wedding Wire can be great resources especially in the beginning of your planning. They can help you find vendors in your area and you can read other brides’ reviews.
- Staying organized can also help you keep stress at bay! We recommend starting a three-ring binder with all those important documents. Keep business cards, proposals & quotes, photos of wedding dresses, and any brochures and handouts you pick up at wedding shows together in one place.
- Once you decide on vendors, go ahead and add their numbers to your contact list so you always have easy access to their contact information.
- And remember, it’s your day! At the end of the day all that matters it that you and are love are married. Plan your day how you want it. You’re likely to get input from all different sources on what would be best, but it’s your event, feel free to make it unique and special to you!
Looking for additional wedding planning help & some free checklists?
We have three FREE PDF checklists. One to help you know what to expect and how to prepare for bridal shows. One comprehensive checklist of all the things to consider as you’re planning your wedding – broken down in what to accomplish each month. And a post-wedding checklist for all those things that need to be taken care of now that you’re married (like name change requirements if you go that route!). Just enter your email address to subscribe to our newsletter and they will be on their way to your inbox!
Sign up below to get your FREE PDF checklists!
Brochures are a staple advertising asset for many businesses. They are a relatively inexpensive way to communicate a decent amount of information to a variety of prospective customers or clients. Not to mention, they can be used in a whole host of different ways.
Ways to Use Brochures in Your Advertising Plan:
- Sent out to prospects via snail mail
- Included at your front reception desk
- Offered at trade shows, conferences, or other events where you have a booth
- Like-minded businesses might allow you to include some of yours at their front desk, especially if you offer a different but complimentary service
- In packages that you send out with products
- Included in goody-bags or promotional bags at conferences
But as with any other advertising asset, design is key! We’re sharing a list of items to make sure to include on your brochures.
Some of these are obvious, yes, but use this as a master checklist to make sure nothing is forgotten.
Checklist of What To Include On Your Brochures:
- Business name
- Phone Number
- Hours of operation (if relevant for the particular ad)
- Clear message – what is the purpose of your brochure? Make sure it is clear & obvious.
- On brand colors – make it easy for those seeing your brochure to identify your branding.
Driftwood Printing – Our Brochures
At Driftwood Printing, we’re happy to help you design your brochures. If you want us to help you create a custom brochure – let us know here. If you already have a design and you’re ready to order – head on over here. The options you have include: Matte 80lb, Glossy 80lb, and Glossy 100lb. You can also choose between 8.5″ x 11″ and 8.5″ x 14″. We offer 4 different types of folds: bi-fold, tri-fold, z-fold, and quarter fold. The minimum order quantity is 50.
Now through February 6th, 2018:
15% off your brochure order with the code – “waterlogged18”
We know that a variety of small businesses use promotional products in different ways. Depending on your clients, customers, and business the products that you use will likely be different. We’re starting a new series to provide specific ideas for businesses.
Promotional product ideas for dentist offices
We’ve seen many dentist offices have some really creative ideas when it comes to promotional products – from welcome gifts, to after visit bags, to giveaways. We wanted to share a few ideas.
Have some ideas but not sure how to proceed? Give us a call and we’d be happy to walk through the process with you.
We all know that lips tend to dry out after a visit to the dentist office. Provide your clients with some free lip balm to soothe their chapped lips. This one is designed specifically to provide promotional value at a very low cost. Non SPF Budget Balm creatively reaches a large number of people without breaking the bank. It’s certainly worth the investment thanks to its great quality at a great price. Available flavors: Cherry, Vanilla, Mint, Unflavored. Complies with FDA. Item # KYMCS-JHZOG.
For some people, going to the dentist is a stressful experience. Help clients feel at easy with some fun stress relievers. We have several different designs, but these Big Mouth Stress Relievers are funny and perfect for a dentist office! Item # EZMJV-JYZTR.
Mint and Toothpick Container
Perfect for keeping teeth clean and breath fresh! Choose this Rectangular Flip Top Mint Dispenser and Toothpick Combo. Option to pair your favorite mints with toothpicks (25 tooth picks), or mix and match between any of our refreshing mint flavors: Peppermint, Wintergreen, Cinnamon. (Shown with Cinnamon mints & toothpicks). Item # LYMFR-KYQZF.
Tooth Brush Timer
As most dentists probably know, getting kids to brush their teeth for 2 minutes isn’t always the easiest task. Keep cavities at bay and begin health habits early with our 2 minute tooth sand timer that is designed to help children achieve good dental health and have fun doing it! Especially perfect for pediatric dentists. Item # ZTQIV-GFMWJ.
Have customers with retainers? Provide them with a retainer case to keep it safe and sound. Especially perfect for the orthodontic market. This product is made of molded plastic for storage of an upper or lower retainer. BPA free and helps you keep your name front and center. Item # IARHO-LNJIQ.
After visit dental kits
Provide your clients with an after visit kit filled with a toothbrush, toothpaste squeezer, dental floss, and toothpaste. All items come together in a clear PVC case with white trim. The case, toothpaste winder, toothbrush, and floss are all available for imprinting with your company name and/or logo. Item # XBSGO-LIEWW.
Just another option for the after visit kit – this one includes a brightly colored phthalate-compliant vinyl zip bag filled with toothbrush, dental floss, and Colgate toothpaste. This one is perfect for travel and it includes a hook for attaching inside a travel bag. Item # RYQEV-KQSMN.
Valentine’s Day will be here before we know it! A little under a month away, it’s the perfect time to think about and start ordering your Valentine’s Day promotional items. It’s important to think about your customers all year long. Thanking your customers and letting them know that you appreciate their business can go a long way in getting repeat customers and return business. Simple promotional products and gifts are a simple and cost effective way to show appreciation to your clients and have them remembering you all year round. We’re sharing a few of our favorite ideas below. Perfect for small business offices, giveaways, trade shows, and to include in shipments.
Did you know we can also print your child’s Valentine’s Day cards? Contact us today to learn more!
Heart Power Clip
Item # PVNFP-EXUSN
Perfect for sealing up and keeping fresh their holiday treats! These diverse clips listed are one of our most popular products. Their functionality, dynamic shapes, magnetic backs and large imprint areas make them a product that stays around and is seen daily. This means more chances to see the imprinted message and a great return on the investment. 2.75″ L x 2.75″ W x 1″ H.
Soft Squeezable Key Tag
Item # MBMBS-DNBAE
Keep your business logo in front of your clients every time they drive! They are flexible and durable and the best part? They won’t zap your funds in one fell swoop!. Complies with CPSIA. 2″ L x 2″ W.
9 oz. Stemless Wine Glass
Item # ZUOKN-FRFFT
Because who doesn’t love wine? Personalizable with custom printed monograms, or the company logo, this 9 oz. wine glass is sure to impress guests, customers, and business associates. Enjoy giving this high-quality gift, sized perfectly for all dinner occasions and receptions. Serve a bottle of red or white wine in this customizable wine glass. Complies with FDA. 2.875″ W x 3.75″ H x 2.875″
Hershey Kiss Singles
Item # IASGN-HOYUB
These milk chocolate Hershey Kisses come with our custom four color label. Printed with a laminated 4-color process decal, they are great for giving a kiss to your customers! And check out our DIY project below for a fun idea! Complies with CPSIA, FDA, Food Grade, Prop 65, SQF, TSA. 1″ H x 7/8″ Diameter
A Fun DIY Project For Your Clients And/Or Kids
We’re sharing a fun, quick, and easy Valentine’s day project that you can do with your kids or make to have some in the office to give to clients. Want to make this project even easier? We can design and print all needed materials (stickers and header cards) for you! One less thing for you to worry about in your hectic schedule! Cuts down time for you – now that’s a win!
A Bag of Kisses
- Design program
- Label sheets
- Cardstock sheets
- Hersey kisses
- ¾ in punch
- Plastic baggies
- Stapler or double sided tape
- Design your ¾ in stickers and your header card on your program of choice. HINT- The size of the header card will be determined by the size of your baggies. We made them 4 inches by 4 inches.
- Print 1 sheet of each on plain paper, just to be sure you like the way they look. Then print away on the label sheets and cardstock.
- Punch out your labels and apply to the bottom of the Kisses.
- Put all the kisses into a bag and seal it.
- Fold your header card in half and staple to the top of your baggie.
Shazam! You have a Bag of Kisses.
It’s the beginning of the year, which means you likely have or are planning on setting some goals for the year. It’s the most common time of the year to plan ahead and think about all that you want to accomplish. While you’re taking a step back and evaluating your business, we wanted to share a few goal setting tips to help you have your most successful year yet!
Set S.M.A.R.T. Goals
You’ve likely heard of this acronym before, but in case you haven’t: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time Bound. It’s a good idea to run each of the goals you’re thinking about through this process. For example, if your goal was to increase sales this year. Running it through the S.M.A.R.T. process, you would be specific about what you want to accomplish, make sure that there is a measurable quality, that it is feasible for you to be able to accomplish, and that you give yourself a deadline.
So instead of just saying that you want to increase sales, it’s better to say that you want to increase overall sales by $20k by December 31, 2018. And before setting this goal, I would want to examine the financial trends in my business from 2017. Were sales increasing steadily over time? Would $20k even make sense? While of course you want your goals to be a stretch (you don’t want to set it for something you will obviously meet), you want to make sure that it is realistic given your circumstances.
Diversify Your Goals
One of the first goals that many of us think about our financial. It makes sense, it’s what allows us to get a paycheck. But think about other ways you could grow your business this year (that may even help you grow financially). This will help your business to better well-rounded. Some examples could be:
- Growing your referral network by x%
- Attending # of conferences or networking events
- Hiring a graphic designer, virtual assistant, or marketer by xx/xx/2018
- Better work-life balance (ie: not working on Saturdays)
Last but not least, remember it’s not too late to set your goals. You can start in any month and any day of the week.
Have you set some goals for this year? We would love to hear!
2018 is right around the corner. Only a few weeks left of this year! Can you believe it? We’re sharing some hot trends for 2018.
Are you on the go a lot?
These wireless chargers are perfect! A great way to charge your phone on the go. Not only are they super light weight, but many come with a silicone ring that helps to keep your phone from moving around. No more lost phones under the seat in your car!
Belkin QI Wireless Charging Pad
Charge Samsung, Nokia, and other Qi-enabled smartphones without bothering with plugs or cables. Simply place your phone on the charging pad and wait for the LED indicator to light up. You phone will begin charging by induction. You’ll be able to fully charge your phone without ever having to look for a cable! Item # PSMDV-KYZWX.
Charge Pad 2
This wireless charger has advanced identification control technology. It is composed of a charging emission board, which allows it to charge your mobile device by transferring power from the emission board to electronic products. Say goodbye to tangled cables! Item # XYRDQ-LXSQG.
CloudCharge Qi Wireless Charging Pad
Similar to the ones above – just lay your Qi-enabled device on the pad, and it instantly starts charging without having to have anything plugged in. Works with iPhone 8 & iPhone 10. And it charges effectively through most cases (<= 8mm). Item # PBNJP-MAJMF.
Keep your hot beverages hot and your cold beverages cold
A hot item already! Tumblers and bottles that keep your beverages that they should be are golden.
Engraved Stainless Steel Yeti Rambler
20oz tumbler with kitchen-grade stainless steel and double-wall vacuum insulation. Designed for maximum ice retention and works well for hot beverages too! BPA free and comes with a crustal clear MagSlide Lid. Item # PVSFP-LSFGN.
Pinto Copper Vaccum Insulated Bottle
Enjoy your drink at any moment! Bottle is double walled with stainless steel. Inner wall is plated with copper for ultimate conductivity to keep drinks hot for 12 hours and cold for 48 hours. Perfect to bring drinks with you on the go! Item # QYVHM-LWAUC.
Brisbane 12 oz. Stainless Steel Wine Tumbler
The Brisbane 12 oz. double wall stainless steel wine or whiskey tumbler comes with a clear, push-in lid. Whether it’s on the rocks or neat, this easy slip design will keep your drink safe and sound for you to enjoy inside. Take it outside to enjoy some fresh air and this lid will keep your drink just as fresh! Of course, always obey laws regarding drinks and alcohol. Item # BSTKM-LYQMM.
Did you know we can also customize Pukka Hats? They can be customized in 128 different ways! Perfect for your business or organization!
Ways to use retractable banners
- If you’re hosting an event, meeting, or conference, you likely know that signage to your event space(s) can be key. You don’t want anyone getting lost or frustrated if they can’t figure out where to go. That’s where directional signage comes into play! Retractable banners can be printed with your business or event name and arrows showing people where to go. And if you make your sign generic enough, you can use it at a variety of different events!
- Likely at your event there will be a center focal point – whether there is a stage with a speaker or your booth at a craft show – that you want to direct people’s focus to. Retractable banners can be designed to grab the eye and draw attention where you want it.
- They’re also great for promotions! If you’re running a promotion or special, you can add it to the banner to make sure everyone sees it! Or tell people how to text to sign up for your email newsletter. Including a call to action (that is simple and easy) can help improve follow up!
Benefits of retractable banners
- Compared to larger posters or banners, one benefit of having a retractable banner is that they are highly portable! They collapse into a smaller size that makes it perfect for traveling (and they even fit into overhead luggage spaces).
- They’re easy to set up! No need for any fancy set up or additional materials. They pretty much just pop into place! And when you’re trying to remember hundreds of other details for your event, it’s nice to take one additional thing off your list!
Christmas is just around the corner. It’s the perfect time to start thinking about gifts and giveaways for your customers, clients, prospective clients, employees, etc. We shared some of our favorite ideas for corporate gifts here. If you’re looking for a few branded items to add to giveaways, holiday swag bags, or as a goodie when sending out packages – look no further. We have you covered!
Ornaments are the perfect way to add a bit of branded flair to your company Christmas tree or to add as a fun little surprise when shipping products. Add a fun design or quote and add your company name and/or logo below! Item # AATKO-LJKAW.
These are the perfect item to have on hand if your office is participating in a Christmas or holiday parade. Provide each of your employees and/or volunteers with a Santa hat that has your company name on them. These are also fun for office holiday celebrations. Add your custom imprint to the crisp white trim and give them out during winter bazaars and craft shows. A perfect fit for seasonal fundraising programs and snow-capped travel destinations. Item # BTMIQ-EYMHC.
Sending out holiday cards?
Are you sending out holiday cards to vendors, customers, clients, and other business contacts? We have several different varieties. This holiday card shows off your style with a glowing scene of sparkling ice crystals and dazzling snowflakes to frame sincere sentiments for the upcoming holidays. Item # WAMHP-LPPTX.
Snowman Stress Ball
The holidays can be stressful. With work to do, presents to buy, parties to plan it can feel overwhelming. These snowman stress balls are a great reminder for people to take a step back, relax, and enjoy the season. These are great for doctor’s or chiropractic offices! Item # CTNGQ-IBVVS.
Perfect for those with a sweet tooth
If you’re looking to spoil those with a sweet tooth this December, these tins are perfect. Our Quart Tin comes generously filled with mints, chocolates, truffles, cookies, gum, or nuts. Features a 4-color process decal or a 1-color direct imprint on the lid. We also now offer an optional 4-color process wrap-around body decal that is sure to make you look like a champion. Great food gift idea for the holiday or Christmas. Item # MXOHS-LTFGU.
How fun are these snowman towers?
This adorable Snowman Tower is filled with delicious gourmet treats including Chocolate Covered Almonds, Extra Fancy Jumbo Cashews and 4 pieces of our famous English Butter Toffee. After the treats have been enjoyed, he makes a great holiday centerpiece. Serves 6-8. We think these are perfect for client treats, giveaways, and even for employees! Item # RUUGP-LXYYL.
Keep warm this holiday season
These blankets are warm and snuggly! Everyone will want one! Faux micro-mink (220G/SQM) on one side. Faux lambswool (240G/SQM) on the other. Hidden zipper seam is designed for easy embroidery. Snuggle up with our 50″ x 60″ micro mink Sherpa blanket. Item # AATGU-IBMJS.
Why car magnets are a perfect way to advertise on the go
- They’re super portable. Due to their size and nature, they’re fairly easy to transport and move around.
- Great for all vehicle types. No matter if you have a truck, car, or van, they can be designed to fit on any vehicle.
- Can easily change their location. Since they are not permanent, you’re able to change the positioning on the vehicle and even switch them between vehicles. You don’t have to order one for every vehicle you own – rather just order a couple. Then when you go to take a vehicle just grab one and apply.
- Easy to change type of advertisement. Since they are a cost effective way to advertisement, you can have different messages printed for different seasons, making your advertising relevant to current needs.
Design tips for your car magnets
- Easy to read on the go. The #1 important thing to remember during the design process, is that people don’t have much time to read your magnet. While some will see it while your vehicle is parked in a lot, many will see it while on the road. Make the most important information the largest and make sure it easy to read.
- Name easily readable. Similarly, your business name is likely one of the most important pieces of information. Make sure it can be read from a distance.
- Logo. Logos are always a great idea to include on any marketing or advertising pieces in order to help establish brand identity.
- Phone number and/or website. Make it easy for people to follow-up with you.
- Clear understanding of what business is. Ensure that when people see your magnet, they understand what your business is and how you help people. It doesn’t have to be complicated. If you’re an electrician – state that, especially if it’s not in your business name.
- Call to action. What do you want people to do? Do you want them to call you? Visit your website for more information. Spell it out. Again, don’t make it complicated – a simple “Call us at 123-456-7890 for a quote” works!
Want to order one or many for your business? Contact us for a quote today!